It’s around the table and in the preparation of food that we learn about ourselves and about the world. –-Alice Waters
Wondering what to serve along side your reverse sear ribeye? Only have about 15 minutes to put something together? Hoping to find a way to finally love Brussels Sprouts? Well, this little side dish fulfills all your wishes. It’s the perfect accompaniment to ribeye or any of your favorite Keto proteins and resets your belief of how amazing this little veggie can be.
1 tbsp avocado or olive oil
1 cup Brussels Sprouts, halved
1 cup wild mushrooms, sliced
1/4 white onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tsp lemon juice
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Begin by heating the oil in a non stick skillet over medium heat.
Add the onions and saute for about 5 minutes until they begin to soften, stirring frequently.
Throw in the garlic and let it cook for only about a minute, stirring well.
Brussels sprouts time! Those suckers go in next. Cook the sprouts for another 5 minutes, stirring everything around nicely. The sprouts will begin to brown which is just what you want.
Add the mushrooms and as you might imagine, mix everything together.
Continue cooking for 5 minutes until everything gets nice and browned.
Put in the lemon juice and use a wooden spoon to scrape the brown bits off the bottom of the pan. Then, add in the cream and stir together.
Lower the heat to medium low and cook until the cream is reduced by about half.
Oh my gosh, it’s almost ready! Turn off the burner.
Finish the dish by throwing in the bacon and Parmesan cheese and mix well.
And voila! A most delicious keto side dish.
Bacon Mushroom Brussels Sprouts, Oh My!
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 cup brussels sprouts halved
- 1 cup wild mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup white onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Sautee onions in a non-stick skillet in oil for 5 minutes or until the begin to soften. Add in garlic and cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add Brussels Sprouts to pan and cook for 5 minutes, Add mushrooms, cook 5 more minutes, stirring regularly until veggies are browned and soft. Add in lemon juice and stir, scraping brown bits from bottom of the pan. Lower the heat to medium low, add in cream, stir and cook until cream thickens and reduces by half. Turn off the burner, add bacon and cheese to pan, mix together. Serve immediately.
Amount per serving
Total Fat 16g
Total Carbs 11g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Net Carbs 9g
Vitamin A 39%
Vitamin C 67%